Student Migration to Australia

Student immigration to Australia with Exclusive Migration
The Australian Government allows people who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents to study in Australia.  Anyone who is not an Australian resident may apply to study in Australia. You must obtain a student visa before you can commence a course of study in Australia.

You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis. A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.

Student and Youth Immigration into AustraliaIf you intend to study for more than three months, you must apply for a student visa.   There are advantages to applying for a student visa. If you are studying on a student visa you:

  - have access to Australia's subsidised student health cover
  - are able to study for more than three months
  - can apply for permission to work.

Students wanting to study in Australia can apply for a student visa after they have received a letter of offer or electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) in relation to one or more full-time courses of study.

To be granted a student visa you must meet key requirements.  These include financial capacity, English language proficiency, likely compliance with the conditions of your visa and any other matters considered relevant to assessing your application.

There are 3 different assessment levels for these evidentiary requirements for student visas.  The assessment levels are prescribed according to the passport you hold and the education sector of your principle course of study.

To be granted a student visa you must also satisfy the general requirements that are applicable to all student visas.  General requirements include you having a genuine intent to study, being of good character, sound health, having health insurance and no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia.

You need to show that you can cover the cost of airfares, course tuition, and living costs for the duration of your stay in Australia.  The type of funds and the length of time you have held those funds varies with your assessment level and course of study.    In most circumstances you also need to show that you can also cover the cost of airfares, living costs and education costs for your family members for the duration of your stay in Australia regardless of whether they are travelling with you or not. 

Office:                                           Postal:
 Level 10, 239 George St                  GPO Box 3102
 Brisbane Q 4000                             Brisbane Q 4001
Telephone: +61 7 3188 5665        
Email:   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.